Saturday, April 19, 2008

Two Bodies, One Coffin?






I was utterly shocked this week when a post from one J.Q. Binder landed in our comments section. Mr. Binder is the grandson of Haskell Binder, partner in the now defunct Parish & Binder Funeral Home of Los Angeles, the mortuary that handled the preparations and funeral for "Honey Vicarro" star, Kim Carlyle.

In his comment, J.Q. mentioned a very troubling practice that may have been par for the course during a few select funerals overseen by Parish & Binder partner, Rudolph Parish. Because of possible Mob ties, and what has been alleged to have been a gambling addiction that left Rudolph in debt to the "wrong people," it has been asserted by J.Q. that perhaps there were certain burials that took place under Rudolph's supervision that entailed burying more than one body per coffin!

I found this revelation to be extremely troubling since, as I have stated before on this blog, my grandfather, Otis "Pop-Pop" Weaver (one of the cemetery workers at Hillside Memorial Park), told me years ago about how inexplicably heavy Kim Carlyle's casket was at burial. It is my belief that this was due to the fact that it was not actually Kim Carlyle's body in that coffin, but an almost perfect wax figure, kept cool and in good repair during the services by the discreet use of a refrigeration unit hidden within the lower, closed off, confines of the casket. But now we hear directly from an actual descendant of one of the mortuary's partners that there may have been skullduggery at work, in the form of an extra body being secreted within the coffin.

I find this possibility to be utterly appalling, and I plan to do some digging to find out if indeed such an outrage may have happened in this case. I will update as soon as I have researched the matter further. Until then, I beg your patient indulgence.

No comments: